ONLY TO YOU WE WORSHIP, AND ONLY TO YOU WE ASK FOR HELP (1:7)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Ramblings of a tired mind

I am putting my career development on hold now. Just withdrawing from the CLA course this April....too many things on my plate at this moment. The weekend at Langkawi turned out to be an enjoyable weekend. Met few old friends and new friends....not so bad as what I thought it could be. With CLA out of my mind, I am looking forward to our holiday getaway to Pulau Pangkor this coming school holiday, our family day at Janda Baik on the next school holiday and holiday cum conference at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah later on. Now I can really enjoy the trips with CLA out of my mind. The CLA course is very demanding as I need to produce a proposal on high impact research which is a new concept, new idea that can lead to new discoveries etc etc etc. It must also be methodologically rigorous, multidiscplinary....bla bla bla. Really really stressful to be thinking about it with all the holidays planned and with the upcoming book to be edited. Now it seems a huge burden has been removed. The CLA is important for promotion and salary shift, and I couldn't care less about it now. I am relieved........alhamdulillah. Update: just recently signed up with HTAA family holiday at Pulau Kapas this coming May.....yeay, another pulau vacation.