ONLY TO YOU WE WORSHIP, AND ONLY TO YOU WE ASK FOR HELP (1:7)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Update

It has been almost 3 months that I last updated this blog...I have seem to neglect it. So what has been happening in the past 3 months?
- Jalan2 to the amazing Lake Tekapo-Pukaki-Mount Cook:definitely my favourite place here in NZ...masyaAllah, the amazing beauty of Allah's creation-a must place to visit in NZ
- Jalan2 and berendam di Hanmer Springs Thermal Spa - what a bless!
- Ramadhan datang and pergi...am I better than before?
- Celebration of syawal yang tersangat meriahnya with aktiviti ziarah...i'm not that busy even in Malaysia (even in UK pun tak terasa sangat). This is despite gempa and more than 1000 aftershocks..
- Oh and almost forgot, Christchurch Earthquake....with all the 'dramas' here. Long story....my writing in the star online

What about my PhD....the main reason I am here...
- Underwent my PhD confirmation review meeting late July, alhamdulillah it went very well with very positive feedback...i am now a confirmed PhD candidate
- Presented at the research seminar meeting with another 2 PhD students who started around the same time with me...alhamdulillah again, it went well...my SV was very happy with my presentation!...positive remarks from the audience...entah apa2 yang i auta....tapi takpe depa kata nampak very confident, alhamdulillah.
- My supervisor has finally left to Sydney, but alhamdulillah we still managed to keep working via mail and skype
- ALhamdulillah I finally got a crack of this PhD thingy....manage to come up with some sort of novelty finding in some of the analysis and my SVs are happy with the result....(He sort of told me....see you are so worried about not finding something novel in your research, now you have come out with this...and it can fit nicely in one chapter of your thesis...). Of course, previously I was concern and I told him my concern...that's what supervisors are here for..
- For that, I have submitted an abstract to WCN. Hopefully I could go to Vancouver, Canada next April...insyaALlah
- Also preparing a manuscript for submission to journal...and this a huge headache. To date it has been almost 1 month I am revising this, version 3 just submitted to my co-supervisor. So far he's quite happy with the progress alhamdulillah...now awaiting for his 3rd feedback...and it need to go through my primary SV first (don't know which version before it can finally reached him!)
- My letter to editor questioning some issue in an article has been accepted for publication....
- 2 databases has been developed and I am superbusy with data collection. My eyes qot very tired in entering all the data, sometimes it makes me think whether it is all worth the effort...I am trained to be clinician, I spent 12 years in clinical field try to save live, and here I am sitting infront of computers entering these data...what am I doing here? need to remind myself the motto of our university "RESEARCH SAVES LIVES!!!!" Hubby advised me to always zikr to ALlah, hence now I am constantly zikr to ALlah whilst entering data....alhamdulillah it helps a lot.
- My main research is affected by strike...i am a bit worried, but not super worried as I still have tonns to do with other supplementary research. Anyway I can't do anything about it, only pray to ALlah that it can be completed in time...
- My husband is super busy with his food business...he he adik2 lapar, abang masak sedap, byk tempahan and kesian tgk dia keletihan...
- My mum is coming here on the 14th Nov for 3 months! YEAY....more aktiviti jalan2.

That's all I can write now...super tired this week working almost 9-10 hours per day (ye ke)...and looking forward to a good rest in this long weekend labour day...

pen off