ONLY TO YOU WE WORSHIP, AND ONLY TO YOU WE ASK FOR HELP (1:7)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Guidance

I am struggling with the motivation to continue with this journey of education. I have spent the last 2 1/2 months reading those journals...am I wasting my time? Can I get through this for the next 3 years? I pray to Allah for guidance. This path has been made possible by Allah's grace only. I will try my best..I have been guessing my ability so far, and often wasting my time in diversions e.g watching TVs, browsing the nets, shopping etc...I should be seeking guidance from Allah, I should read more Quran.

Just received a translation of Quran from the Voice of Islam, NZ. Amazed with stories of conversion to Islam, they find the Hidayah from Al-Quran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlrb1rOT36o
I should revert myself to the true meaning of Islam via Quran. As a first step, I will write the translation here at least 5 ayat perday, insyaAllah.

Surah Al-Fatihah
1. In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
2. [All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds
3. The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
4. Sovereign of the Day of Recompense
5. It is You we worship and You we ask for help
6. Guide us to the straight path

7. The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favour, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray

Ameen...Ya Allah guide me in this path