ONLY TO YOU WE WORSHIP, AND ONLY TO YOU WE ASK FOR HELP (1:7)

Monday, October 19, 2009

IELTS, IELTS, IELTS

I am obviously obsessive to achieve perfection in every detail. As I mentioned before, I am preparing for my IELTS exam, which is due in a week time. For the last one month I have been obsessing in all IELTS sites available in the internet. I have downloaded and printed 8 IELTS tips and secrets books, and another 8 IELTS test practice books . This is in addition of numerous IELTS sites I have visited and books that were lent to me and the one that I bought. Currently, I am at the end of my tether. I took leave this whole week because I need to complete another 4 practice books this week before my exam this Saturday. If I complete all the practices in the books, I would complete a total of 36 complete tests. Is it enough? I really don't know. I do not enroll in any preparation course since I prefer self study. But the problem of self study is that, there is no one to rate your essays and your speaking. I can rate my listening and reading with the answers provided. I could only compare my essays with sample essays available in the internet and rate myself accordingly. I realize it is not the most effective way, but this is the only choice I have. I will give it a try, if I fail to achieve the required standard, I need to look at another alternatives. Maybe retake the exam with preparation course? Will decide later. Oh exam, it has been more than 3 years when I last took my exam. I hate exams.........