ONLY TO YOU WE WORSHIP, AND ONLY TO YOU WE ASK FOR HELP (1:7)

Monday, October 19, 2009

IT Gadget Craze (Version 2).....after 1 year 2 months

Obviously again, I am "stressful". This is very noticeable when I manage to update my blog twice today. Other than putting some photos, I have not updated this blog for ages....did manage to teach Khadijah to update her blog (hubby is now very active in blogging....after Khadijah has her own blog!). Now Khadijah manage to do everything on her own (mind the grammar though...but it is good to encourage her to write in English). Okay back to my "stressful" part...again new IT gadget...he he he.

Looking back this blog, my ASUS is more than one year old....(see entry August 2008). Since I am really impressed with my bro's Hackintosh small MSI Wind....or Mac, I asked him to buy me one and provide his expertise in installing Apple Mac OS and software, especially the Paper and EndNote software. So with RM2,000 he managed to get me a 10 inch MSI wind with both Window 7 OS and Apple MAC OS, and all the required software. And on top of that he also upgrade the RAM to 2GHz, and the hard disk to 500GB (wow!). Not to mention a leather cover from Brando.....I am so happy! Unfortunately there is some problem with the mouse. It seems that the mousepad is very active and has its own mind. This is very noticeable when I try to use it during my tutorial....pening, pening. I hope this problem could be solved.


Papers and End Note are very very useful for academic journal writing, especially in managing bibliography. It will really save us a huge headache, especially in writing up a PhD thesis!. It will also encourage or push me to write up more journals.........malasnya sebelum ni!. I need to familiarize myself with Mac interface, luckily I am a bit familiar with it as HPS and ECS simulator uses Apple interface. My brother gives me an ebook of Apple for dummies as well...so should read it. All these need to be done thoroughly after my IELTS exam and CLA research.

So what happen to my small old ASUS? Initially plan to give it to Khadijah....but unfortunately an accident occur. Hubby accidentally closed the lid with my external hard disk there.....(can't bising2 much since I accidentally put his PSP and handphone in the washing machine months ago!)......so the LCD is broken, need to use the PC's screen to transfer all the updated important data to my hard disk, and then to my Mac....it can still be used, but need an external LCD to view it......pity considering that I just upgraded its RAM few months ago. So how many computers do we have now? Acer desktop (Khadijah's), Dell (Mine as long as I am working with IIUM, Khadijah wants it, will give it to her once she agree to attend the Taekwondo class), ASUS (Mine, need to find an external LCD), ASUS (Hubby's) and HP (shared by hubby and Khadijah). Sign of complacency or extravagance??? or IT gadget craze.......next project: need to find an external LCD for ASUS, so Khadijah (or me) could view and watch Youtube and all the downloaded movies. Options include: LCD screen for computer, cable to existing TV or LCD TV (too expensive....waste of money). Will be looking for the cheapest option first ie cable, when we go to KL this weekend, after my exam, of course